Adult Privacy notice
Who we are:
1. Ridentes Orthodontics is a specialist orthodontic practice registered at 13 High Street, Kidlington, Oxfordshire, OX5 2DH. If you would like to contact us about any of the information contained in this privacy notice you can contact the Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or telephone on 01865 370375
What information we collect about you:
2. We collect information about you when you enquire about our services or are referred to us by your General Dental Practioner with the view to having treatment with us. We will retain details and clinical notes relating to the care you receive within our practice and from third parties. We also collect information about you when you voluntarily complete patient satisfaction surveys, participate in competitions or provide feedback to us
How we will use the information we have about you:
3. We will use information about you to enable us to arrange appointments with the appropriate clinician and to ensure that you are receiving care appropriate to your clinical needs. Our regulators, The General Dental Council, and the NHS require us to create and retain records of the dental treatment that is provided to patients. We are obliged by law to keep these records for 10 years after the last date of treatment
4. We will not disclose your personal date, including records of your treatment, unless required to do so by law, or with your explicit consent. If you have been referred to the practice for treatment by another medical professional, we may disclose details of your treatment with them where appropriate. Wherever possible we will discuss any disclosure with you in advance. We will never pass information onto a third party for marketing purposes
5. We may share your information with selected third parties including; business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our current site; credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
6. We will use your information to provide you with details about services or products that we offer that we think will be relevant to your ongoing care or of may be of interest to you
7. We would like to send information about products and services ours and other companies we work with which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing you may opt out at a later date
8. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please let us know
Access to your information:
9. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some, or all, of your personal information please email or write to us at the practice address
10. If your personal details change, or it comes to your attention that the information we hold about you is incorrect in any way please let us know and we will make the appropriate corrections
11. If you have concerns about the way in which we have handled your data, or are not satisfied with our response to any complaint you may have made, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner Office www.ICO.org.uk
Where we store your personal information:
12. All information you provide is stored on our secure servers. When dental records are shared with third parties, this is done through an encrypted file sharing service
13. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site: any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access
14. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit your personal data to these websites
Children Privacy notice
The practice keeps records of your name, address, date of birth and details of any health problems as well as details of your dental treatment and details about your family. We keep this information so that we can provide you with the best dental care. Your personal information is kept very confidentially and securely.
We only use your personal information so we can give you the best dental care and for sending reminders to you. We only pass your personal information to another dentist, doctor or hospital if you have a problem that requires their special skills, and you need to go and see them. We will not give your information to anyone else unless the law allows us to, or we have to provide it for legal reasons.
If you leave the practice, we will stop using your information, but will keep it confidentially and securely until you are 25 years old (or 26 years old if you were 17 when your last treatment ended).
We will then review if and when we can delete it. You can always ask for a copy of the information we hold for you, we can transfer it to another dentist or doctor at your request and you can ask us to stop using your personal information to send letters or contact you in other ways if you are no longer a patient at the practice.
When you reach 18 years of age the Privacy Notice about how we process your personal information will change to the adult version. This can be found on our website.
If you would like a copy of the information, we hold about you or if you have any other enquiries such as correcting an error in your information or providing a copy of your information to somebody else please contact:
The Information Governance Lead, Rachel Read:
Ridentes, 13 High Street, Kidlington, OX5 2DH
Phone: 01865 370375